It has been ages and ages since I last posted, but for good reason ( I think!). These past two months have seen us all going non-stop. They have been filled with fun visits and huge, life-changing moments.
Most of April, Aaron was very busy with school and preparing for finals. We also found a couple to buy our home and they put their house on the market. Toward the end of the month, my two awesome brothers, Dave and Peter, flew out to spend a week with us to take in the sights and to help us (read: do it almost all themselves) tile our kitchen. We had so much fun and I enjoyed being able to take them to some of the many places here that are special to me. The week was wild and Aaron was scarce, because it was his last week of school and he was trying to get through finals. During that week we found out that the couple who would be buying our house had sold theirs and we would be closing the middle of June! Exciting, sad and panic-inducing all at once.
Five days after my brothers left, Aaron's dad flew out, followed two days later by Aaron's brother. They were here for the huge event of Aaron's college graduation! Yes, you read that right: my husband has now officially graduated! Yay! I am SO proud of him. Way to go, honey! My "baby" Dylan had his own milestone - he turned two-years-old on May 8th! We celebrated by going to Great Wolf Lodge, a cool family oriented hotel with an indoor water park. Fun! Aaron's brother and dad stayed for a week and we were again able to travel around visiting some more of my favorite places. Another big event took place while they were here and that is that Aaron was offered a job working for some of the same people he had worked for before in SLC. He is now the official Director (!!!) of IT for Naartjie, a company formerly based out of South Africa that makes children's clothes. They have a few stores throughout the West and one at Fashion Place Mall. Congratulations, again, hun! All that misery of working for Dollar Tree and going to school full-time has paid off!
So, now the task at hand is finishing up all our little projects around the house and getting packed and organized and ready to move across the country. Again. And then there is that 6:30 AM flight with the boys to Baltimore and then the 5 hour flight home. Can you say "yikes" with me?! We are just trying to take it one day at a time (and by "we", I mean me, 'cause Aaron is freaking out - ha, ha.) and do what we can. While I am saddened at the thought of leaving behind this wonderful place and the friends we have made here, I am thrilled at the thought of being closer to family and our dear friends. As happy as I was here, that was always the one thing missing. We fly home on June 17th, as Aaron says "I can't think of a better Father's Day present!" 18 days and counting!
3 comments:
EEEKS!!!! I can't WAIT!!!
WOW. You HAVE been busy! And you are moving so soon? Back to Salt Lake? Where I can see you when we visit home? YAAAAY!
Good luck with all of your busyness in the next couple of weeks. Packing sucks, but it'll be over before you know it!
Wow! Moving back to SLC is big news! I cannot believe all that you've been through, and all that you're ABOUT to go through! *whew* Hang in there.
I'm glad - like Erin - that I can actually visit you when I go back to SLC now and again.
Congrats to Aaron for his degree! FINALLY!!!
Post a Comment