Monday, October 01, 2007

Simple Sundays

I just heard about this: http://www.simplesundays.blogspot.com (how do you do that cool little "link" thing??) from my dear friend, Ern, in Southern California and thought it sounded like a lovely idea. And I know just which simple pleasure to talk about:

On Friday my hubby finished wiring our home theater and so, of course, we had to try it out. We put on some fun dance music and the whole lot of us, boys and all, starting dancing. OK - there are few things cuter than two little boys dancing their hearts out. The sheer joy of dancing and acting silly and the thrill of playing with mom and dad was all over their faces. It was wonderful. The next day Dylan ran downstairs and said "Dance. I wanna dance." And so, a new family activity was born. We rounded out the weekend last night, by watching and rocking out to a Coldplay concert - proof that my kids have great taste in music and can really dance to anything!

2 comments:

Ern said...

I love that!

There is html that I used to know for linking, but now blogger has put a nice little tool in for it. When you are writing your post, look at the little icons along the top. There is one with a world and a sort of infinity symbol. Highlight the text you want to be a link, click that button and it brings up a window for you to put the url you want to link to. (I think there is lots of problem grammar in this paragraph, but I haven't had any coffee today, and thus can't identify it.)

m said...

(haha. love ern's comment)

GREAT POST!! this brought back great memories for me. i have the best memory of my mom and dad and aunts and uncles and cousins. we were all out somewhere on the town (i think i was probably 3 or 4years old at the time) and the girls were in one car and the boys in another. we raced home and the girls made it first.. so my aunts and mom and girl cousin and i turned on the giant stereo (they were so big back then) and danced and pretended we had been back for *ages*. when the boys arrived they started dancing, too. that scene is burned in my memory just like i'm sure your little family dancing to coldplay is burned in your children's' memories. so sweet.

thanks for participating, hope to see more of you :)