
There are few things as pleasing to me as a cup of tea in the morning (or any time of day). English breakfast tea or even plain 'ol Liptons - as long as I have some Silk Very Vanilla milk to pour into it, I am set. This is my morning ritual and has been for a while now. But since the mornings have grown chilly again, I have rediscovered just how delicious and lifting, not to mention warming, a nice cup of tea can be.
In the afternoons, I have taken to making a hot cup of green tea - I love genmai cha - made with toasted brown rice, but another fun twist on plain green tea is Tazo's Zen blend. It has lemon verbena, mint and lemongrass in it - yum!
And if your stomach is upset or you are just feeling a bit stressed, nothing does the trick like a nice cup of mint tea. It's soothing and relaxing - a mini day spa trip in a cup!
Say it with me now: "Tea is good!"
7 comments:
tea IS good. and you must have some british blood in you, if you drink it with milk. that's how i learned to drink it from my nana, who is a brit...
So glad you agree! Um, I am a mutt, but I don't think I have any Brit in me - I just know what tastes good!! ;o)
My mama drinks her tea with milk also... so that's how I started. I've graduated to taking it straight up, but I love the memories of my mom and I drinking tea together on cold winter mornings.
I know your sons are going to be lucky enough to have great memories with a great mom too!
Happy Sunday!
I've never gotten the taste for tea with milk. But I do love it with my coffee. (Sorry to coffee all over this tea-love fest!) I do love tea though. My favorite is Earl Grey
And, oh! Forgot to mention another FAVE tea - Celestial Seasonings Vanilla Madagascar Red. YUM! It is so very tasty with Very Vanilla in it.
Yes is a World: Oh, thanks! That is nice of you. I will have to try it straight...one day! I did try it with lemon, too - that was good. And Dylan already loves me tea. He drinks half almost every morning.
Ern: Ooh, Earl Grey is yummy! I tried Lady Grey, too - but the difference seemed pretty subtle to me. And now worries, coffee is pretty tasty, too!
It goes without saying that I meant "my tea" and "no worries", right?!
Ah yes, tea IS good! Kristen got me hooked on Madagascar Red with VVSoy, and I ADORE Earl Grey- but, it must have honey and milk. Not that any of that has taken away my intense love affair with coffee...
Post a Comment