So, I thought I would do something crazy and maybe post a new blog! It has been awhile, but I have my reasons. Firstly, it has probably snowed at least half a dozen times since the beginning of March and I don't know if I have mentioned this, but that makes me cold and cranky! The other pressing frustration has been that I did something to my Achilles tendon, probably by running too much, and that has really hampered getting me ready for the half marathon - which is in about 10 days, so you know: AAACK! Nothing like be unprepared to run 13 miles. Sheesh.
There have been lots of great things going on, though, that I really should have posted about. Well, gosh - there was Easter. A fun, fun day filled with lots of good things to eat and two very happy little boys. It has been so very nice to be home and be around family for the holidays. We were able to go to an Easter egg hunt, put on by Aaron's extended family every year, for the first time. The boys loved that - and made out like bandits. We had a delicious breakfast at Pa's house, a wonderful visit with Grandma and Grandpa Terashima and then dinner at Aaron's sister Miyo's house.
On the rare days that we have had nice weather, we have worked on the yard and gotten our vegetable garden ready for planting. My brother, David, has helped me draw up some beautiful plans for our front yard, which will include two Japanese maples and a flowering cherry and a little Japanese lantern. I am going to try and work in my original theme of a drought-tolerant garden with the Japanese aesthetic. Wish me luck!
And oh, did I mention that it is April?! Something I would have been jumping up and down about normally, had it not snowed so much! There is hope on the horizon, though. Even though all week has been 40 degrees and rainy, this weekend is supposed to be brilliant and I just can't wait. We may even hit mid-sixties! Yay!
Happy Spring to everyone, I hope you all have been enjoying it (more than I have)!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. :) No worries about being a slacker. We all just have to squeeze in the internet when we can.
Post a Comment