Monday, March 26, 2007

More About New York...

Three things on my trip made me weep like a child:


My first Monet Waterlilies! Taken at the Metropolitan Museum of Art - simply an amazing place.


My first Broadway play - a life-long dream come true! And so good. I couldn't believe it.

The site of the World Trade Center. I obviously cried here for different reasons. The towers would have been been right behind the sign. Sorry the picture isn't the best, but it was hard to capture it all in one shot. It was the only place in the city that was open like that that wasn't a park and it left such a void. All around the fence there were pictures and quotes posted and it broke me down, broke my heart. Even though I expected to feel sad when I went there, I was surprised at just how much I felt. It was hard to fully take in what had happened there.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! It sounds like you had a wonderful time in NY! It definitely makes me want to go there some day.
How did you get that photo of the Monet? Did you sneak it? I remember being SO scared to take a photo of any of the paintings in the British Museum, because they put the fear of God in us about it. I snapped a photo of Keith standing next to a Rembrandt while we were there, but it was terribly blurry because I was shaking so badly! Haha! I'm really bad at breaking rules.

Supergabesmomma said...

I really did have such a great trip. But there was still so much I didn't get to see, so I am already planning on going back one day. Maybe you can join me?!

I know what you mean about the museum scaring you! But, they actually allow pictures - crazy, huh?! Just not flashes, which I found out AFTER I took that picture (and had the fear of God put in me)!