On Thursday, I officially started a new decade. Strange. Even more strange, and surprising to me, I am OK with it! Last year I was loathe to turn 29; I didn't want to get any older. But this time, I feel good. I feel strong, I feel capable, and I still feel youthful. Not young, but youthful. Being young was good, but there was so much I didn't know. I am sure I did countless ignorant, thoughtless things, just because I didn't know better. My 20's were great in many ways, I did get married and have kids then, after all, but I will gladly leave them behind for the life experience and lessons I picked up along the way.
Big Lesson for the Year: Do not put expectations (my own) on other people. I had to learn that one the hard way. No wonder I was always disappointed! Mind reading is tricky.
3 comments:
Happy belated birthday!
I've been looking forward to 30 for a long time. So far? I can report that it's great. :)
Ern: Thanks! So far 30 is good for me, too. ;o) I have actually heard from a lot of people that 30 was when life got good. It's very encouraging.
Happy Birthday Sis! I still feel the same way with every birthday, and yup, 30 really did it for me, and 40 did it in a whole new way. Enjoy the ride.
Post a Comment