Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Simple Pleasures

Tea. The very act of pouring hot water over a tea bag relaxes me.

Make-believe. This week I have been a princess, a baby, an adventurer, a wizard and a Jedi. All without leaving the house.

Folded laundry. Visually satisfying and one of the easier ways I know to obtain a sense of accomplishment.

Blue sky and white clouds. Do I really need to expound?

Giggling children. Simply life-affirming.

Hot baths. Simply life-saving!

Snuggling with hubby. Wonderful!

4 comments:

MyLifeWithTrent said...

Amen Sister! Oh, I'll add one more.. for me it's just ten minutes of sitting in my hot tub. Each time I sink in the first thought to come to my mind is, "Heaven!"

Ern said...

Wonderful! (But thanks to my stupid husband's influence, I will never again be able to hear/read/say "tea bag" without giggling like a 12 year old boy.)

Amanda said...

Oh, those sound lovely!
...Except the laundry folding thing. Sorry, I just don't get that. ;o)

Supergabesmomma said...

Hi, guys! I am back from the missing!

Janie - if only I had a hot tub!!! Maybe one day...

Ern - Um, so I totally don't get it. But then I didn't get why you thought the "Toss Me" pillow was so funny, either. Am I missing something?!

Amanda - Okay, the folding of the laundry isn't so much the far part - it's when you are all done. I said they were *simple* things, remember?